Dr. Dean Aslinia (TX LPC-S 65074) is a Licensed Mental Health Expert and Graduate Department of Counseling Chair in Phoenix Arizona. He holds a license as a Professional Counselor-Supervisor and a National Certified Counselor in the State of Texas. Dr. Dean’s educational background includes a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Psychology from the University of Houston, and a second master’s and doctoral degree from Texas A&M University-Commerce. His doctoral specialization was in marriage and family issues. Post graduation he obtained additional training and certifications in Grief Counseling and Sex Therapy.
Since 2007, Dr. Dean has been engaged in professional trainings, clinical mental health practice, graduate higher education teaching, psychological assessments, research, writing, and advocacy for greater mental health access for all Americans.
In 2011 he co-found and created New Horizons Center for Healing in north Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan area. The clinic over a five-year span grew and became the most comprehensive mental health clinic in the State of Texas. Housing more than 30 licensed mental health professionals, ranging from adult, child, and addiction psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, and chemical dependency counselors, AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors, and Therapists) certified sex therapists, play therapists, and eating disorder specialists.
He has further been a graduate professor of Psychotherapy for over 10 years, having taught at several CACREP (Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs) accredited graduate counseling program across the United States. Over this period his main focus of teaching has includes clinical courses in counseling and psychotherapy, ethical and legal issues in mental health, sexuality counseling and therapy, and counseling diverse populations. In fact he designed and taught all of the graduate level sexuality counseling courses at UNT-Dallas from 2015-2017.
His peers in the profession consider Dr. Dean a leader, as he is the current President-Elect of the Arizona Counseling Association, the Past-President of the Texas Association of Marriage and Family Counselors, a member of the Texas Counseling Association’s Governance Council, and served on the Texas Counseling Association’s Executive Board. He was also appointed by the Collin County (North DFW) Commissioner’s Court to serve on the Collin County Local Behavioral Health Authority (MHMR) Life Path System’s Board of Trustees. He has on several occasions, testified in front of the Texas House and Senate Health and Human Services Committees as well as the Texas Health and Human Services Commission for advocacy of mental health related bills.
Last, Dr. Dean has authored several single subject books (monographs), the Clinical Handbook of Counseling, published by Routledge Publishing, and series of empirical peer-reviewed articles. His passion, strong leadership, and desire to create a greater social interest with his work has led him to creating a Professional Training Company, to provide companies, universities, schools, and organizations with a better understanding of the impact of behavioral and emotional health in their environment.
To book Dr. Dean for professional consultation, keynotes, trainings, supervision, etc.. please with contact him by filling out our contact form, or to hire a team mental health experts for your organization please visit Dr. Dean’s Ulead Ulearn Professional Trainings site.
6 Key Dr. Dean Benefits
- Expertise – You tap into 30 years of combined, psychology and counseling education, clinical and teaching experience. Feel free to look around the web and compare Dr. Dean’s credentials with others. We are sure, you’ll determine very few meet his many degrees, licenses, certifications, graduate faculty teaching, and professional leadership experience.
- Time – You are never rushed to fit into what managed care and insurance companies deem standard counseling sessions of 30, 45, or 50 minutes… You choose a session length that suites you best.
- Confidentiality – You don’t have to be labeled with a diagnosis that is sent to your insurance company, just so that your therapist can get paid! With you paying out of pocket, what you say in your session, stays between you and your therapist. No one else will EVER know any of it, unless you choose to authorize your therapist to disclose.
- Flexibility – With Dr. Dean, you can choose to come in as much or as little as you feel you need. There are no regimented treatment plans that force you to show up when it may not be convenient for you.
- Access – Dr. Dean makes himself available in many mediums for his clients. So when you are his client, your access to him, is not only during the session you schedule.
- Convenience – Dean utilize may technological advances to allow his client to easily access his schedule and pick times that are convenient for them. They can schedule consultation sessions via tele-medicine platforms, as well as pay for their sessions online. Leaving only the therapy session to focus on when they arrive.
My experience with Dr. Dean was invaluable. As a supervisor, he viewed me as a whole person and tailored my supervision to focus on areas that were important for me while equally focusing on areas for further development. His supervision was empowerment and growth focused. Dr. Dean has a strong legal acumen that helped me in understanding, interpreting and applying the code of ethics. He has been collaborative in helping me not only with clients but also in developing myself as a professional in the field. Dr. Dean is an advocate for his supervisees and has helped me attain many of my professional goals. For me it was a great balance of challenges and constructive feedback with flexibility and support.
Dr. Dean Aslinia is one of the premier counselors in the Metroplex. His integrity and competence are evident in his work. I highly recommend him for the treatment of individuals and couples.